dementia friendly communities
This is a new Hampshire-wide project which has been commissioned by Hampshire County Council. We have local area co-ordinators working in the following areas:
- New Forest
- Fareham and Gosport
- Havant and East Hants
- Test Valley and Eastleigh
- Basingstoke, Deane and Alton
- Hart Rushmoor
what is a dementia friendly community?
a community where people with dementia:
- can live as independently as possible
- can still be part of their community
- are met with understanding and given support when they need it
what is the project hoping to achieve?
- groups of empowered people with dementia and their carers
- an engaged and enthusiastic community, supportive of people with dementia
some of the things the project will be doing:
- setting up a Dementia Action Alliance for Hampshire
- piloting Dementia Friendly High Streets:
- first pilots in Fareham, Lyndhurst and Fleet are now launched.
- Romsey will be launched on May 1st
- establishing a network of Dementia Ambassadors
- building dementia awareness in the community
- helping to establish support groups where there is a need
Read about our progress to date
how can you help?
- become a volunteer
- attend one of our information sessions
- tell us about your experiences
- give us your views – complete our questionnaire
- become a Dementia Ambassador
- join the Hampshire Dementia Action Alliance
Please contact us if you would like more information: firstname.lastname@example.org